Some people show signs of aging more clearly than others, but that doesn’t mean that you have to settle for fine lines and wrinkles quite yet. In addition to using your facial muscles throughout the day, other factors, like sun exposure, smoking, and genetics, can worsen the appearance of wrinkles. To recreate your smooth youthful appearance, we offer BOTOX® as a cosmetic solution. To learn more about BOTOX® and how it can turn back the clock, don’t hesitate to reach out.
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is a diluted form of botulinum toxin. When injected in certain areas, it allows patients to experience a variety of benefits.
When used for cosmetic purposes, BOTOX® reduces muscle movements that lead to fine lines and wrinkles. This enhances the youthful appearance of patients. Optimal results usually take between five and ten days to show and last between three to six months.
This type of bacteria has been used medically for decades as a way to treat muscle spasms and pain. When injected into spasming or damaged muscles, BOTOX® prevents unconscious movements that can cause severe pain and slow healing. If you experience pain in your temporomandibular joint (TMJ), you may be able to find relief with the help of BOTOX®. When injected into the appropriate areas of your facial muscles, it can relieve much of the tension that you feel. BOTOX® can reduce headaches, tension, and pain caused by clenching or grinding teeth and severe jaw strain. This treatment may be able to minimize the likelihood of experiencing lockjaw!
Who is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
Patients who have certain neuromuscular diseases, are pregnant, have skin disorders, or have deep facial scars may not be a good candidate for BOTOX®. This is why it’s so important to schedule a consultation. The best candidates for BOTOX® tend to be in their late 20s or older and are looking to correct facial imperfections, like:
- Crow’s feet
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Muscle spasms
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Smoker’s lines
- Lines at the corners of the mouth
The Benefits of BOTOX®
There are numerous reasons why patients undergo BOTOX®, as there are all sorts of different benefits. Here are some of the most prominent:
- Quick Results: Some patients call BOTOX® treatments “lunchtime facelifts” because they can be completed in as little as 20 minutes. Results are noticeable in three to five days.
- Delicate Effects: Lots of patients worry that getting BOTOX® injections will look obvious. The effects of BOTOX® are subtle and delicate, and they enhance your youthful appearance.
- Non-Surgical: Instead of an invasive surgical procedure, BOTOX® doesn’t involve the use of a scalpel, and it requires little to no recovery time.
- Lasting Results: The effects of BOTOX® typically last between 3 and 6 months.
- Cost-Effective: BOTOX® injections are a cost-effective way to enhance your appearance.
Why See a Dentist for BOTOX?
Dentists are authorized to administer BOTOX® injections to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic issues. Dentists have spent years studying the way that facials interact, and they have years of experience administering precise injections, making BOTOX® injections just an extension of their everyday work.