Dentures – Chanhassen, MN
Efficiently & Effectively Replace Missing Teeth
Tooth loss is a common problem, especially among individuals who have more than a few decades of life experience. If you are struggling with the problems that accompany an incomplete smile, visit us to learn about your options. Here at Dentistry on the Ponds in Chanhassen, we offer a few different types of dentures, all of which can efficiently and effectively replace missing teeth. We are eager to help you regain a strong bite and a confident grin!
Why Choose Dentistry on the Ponds for Dentures?
- Cost-Effective Tooth Replacement Solution
- Strong & Natural-Looking Results
- Highly Skilled & Compassionate Dental Team
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dentures?
Dentures may be a suitable treatment for you if:
- You struggle with the consequences of missing teeth, such as difficulty chewing and embarrassment when you smile.
- You have a number of severely damaged or worn-down teeth that will soon need to be extracted.
- Your gums are relatively healthy.
- You have multiple missing teeth (if you have just one or two missing teeth, another treatment may be a better fit for you).
- You are looking for a way to rebuild your smile and improve your oral health as efficiently as possible.
Types of Dentures
When you visit us for a consultation, we will learn about your oral health, your budget, and your goals for treatment. Based on what we discover, we will recommend the type of denture that we believe best fits your unique situation. We might urge you to get a full denture, partial denture, or implant denture.
A partial denture fits in around the remaining natural teeth, making it a great option for patients who want to avoid extractions and whose remaining teeth are still relatively healthy. Small metal or acrylic clasps help a partial denture to stay in place.
A full denture replaces either all of the upper teeth or all of the lower teeth. It is held in place by either natural suction or a bit of adhesive. In most cases, full dentures have an acrylic base and teeth that are constructed out of acrylic or porcelain.
Instead of being secured by small clasps or natural suction, implant dentures are anchored in the jawbone via dental implants, which act as prosthetic tooth roots. The implants are placed in the jaw during a minimally invasive surgery. After a healing period, they can provide an incredibly strong base for the dentures that will get attached to them.
The Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer a number of outstanding benefits, including:
- Natural appearance and comfortable fit. We carefully customize each patient’s dentures so they fit as well as possible and provide optimum aesthetics.
- Ability to eat a variety of foods. Dentures can handle most foods, so you can enjoy a diet that is both delicious and nutritious.
- Cost-effective tooth replacement. Dentures present an excellent monetary value.
- Easy maintenance. Keeping dentures clean and function is easy and not horribly time-consuming.